This belt (unlike cheaper alternatives cut from conveyor belts) is enormously strong, densely woven and specially designed for machine-tool use. The package you receive includes:
- The drive belt cut to your required length
- A suitable length of Alligator clip and a pin wide enough to join your belt is included. If you need additional clips - they're 11-inches long and in a size No.15 - they can be ordered below
- Simple fitting instructions. so that you can trim the belt to the exact length required, and allow for the variation in length caused by the clips, the belt is supplied slightly longer than ordered.
IMPORTANT READ the FOLLOWING: Measuring the length (don't just measure the old belt, it might have stretched)
*Most - but not all - belt-drives have a tensioning mechanism. As all types of belt stretch slightly in service, before measuring set any adjustment so that the pulleys are nearly, but not quite, as close together as possible. Click here if you need additional, detailed advice on finding the right length.
Tensioning systems include: 1) one or more jockey pulleys that press on the back of the belt
2) the motor mounted on a hinged or sliding plate - or adjustable rails
3) to set the final tension (after slackening to move the belt from pulley to pulley), an "over-centre" lever with a screwed-rod and turn-buckle
Measure using a non-stretch (e.g. dress-maker's) tape. If two people measure independently, mistakes are less likely.
Width:In general belts can be to the full width of the pulley less 2 mm - but if the pulley has flanges reduce the belt width by 4 mm to allow a small gap at each side (if the edge of the belt touches the flange, it will try to ride up it). Click on the down arrow in the width box below to select the one you need