Atlas 10-inch Lathe: While the lathe remained basically the same for many years, with identical major components, various specifications were available with Model Numbers that included, over the years: 10-F, 10-D, TA36, TA42, TA48, TA54, TH36, TH42, TH48, TH54, TV36, TV42, TV48, TV54, H36, H42, H48, H54, V36, V42, V48, V54, QC42, QC54, etc. Also covers the UK-made Sphere, Halifax and Acorntools versions.
Blown up from its original small size to twice as large for easier reading, this is a complete data pack of information that covers all models, from the first to last, is available. It includes:
- A comprehensive Owner's Manual with over 240 pages that contains detailed operating instructions for the lathe and its accessories together with maintenance and lubrication instructions - it's probably the best instruction book ever produced by a lathe manufacturer.
- Extensive thread-cutting instructions and dedicated charts from the larger 61-page "supplementary" Screwcutting Instruction Booklet.
- Extra instructional sheets issued by Atlas but never included in the main manual: taper turning attachment; fitting new leadscrew nuts, steady rests, adjustable bed stop, machine vice and dismantling procedures for headstock and backgear.
- A complete, illustrated parts list with exploded-parts diagrams.
- A set of reproductions of the original advertising catalogs (some very rare) that give a complete technical specification for the lathe, shows model changes over the years. All the accessories are shown - enabling easy identification of any items that might be found on the second-hand market.
A large and heavy publication. Printed as a very high-quality reproduction on 120g paper and bound (it's a weighty volume enlarged to A4 size, that's just short of "letter") .To check the price in US dollars visit: http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/