Manufacturers:Acorntools Atlas Halifax Sphere
Models:10-D 10-F 10-inch H36 H42 H48 H54 QC42 QC54 TA36 TA42 TA48 TA54 TH36 TH42 TH48 TH54 TV36 TV42 TV48 TV54 V36 V42 V48 V54
While the lathe remained basically the same for many years, with identical major components, various specifications were available with Model Numbers that included, over the years: 10-F, 10-D, TA36, TA42, TA48, TA54, TH36, TH42, TH48, TH54, TV36, TV42, TV48, TV54, H36, H42, H48, H54, V36, V42, V48, V54, QC42, QC54, etc. Also covers the UK-made Sphere, Halifax and Acorntools versions.
A complete data pack of information that covers all models, from the first to last, is available. It includes:
- A comprehensive Owner's Manual with over 240 pages that contains detailed operating instructions for the lathe and its accessories together with maintenance and lubrication instructions - it's probably the best instruction book ever produced by a lathe manufacturer.
- Extensive thread-cutting instructions and dedicated charts from the larger 61-page "supplementary" Screwcutting Instruction Booklet.
- Extra instructional sheets issued by Atlas but never included in the main manual: taper turning attachment; fitting new leadscrew nuts, steady rests, adjustable bed stop, machine vice and dismantling procedures for headstock and backgear.
- A complete, illustrated parts list with exploded-parts diagrams.
- A set of reproductions of the original advertising catalogs (some very rare) that give a complete technical specification for the lathe, shows model changes over the years. All the accessories are shown - enabling easy identification of any items that might be found on the second-hand market.
A large and heavy publication. Printed as a very high-quality reproduction on 120g paper and bound (it's a weighty volume enlarged to A4 size, that's just short of "letter") .To check the price in US dollars visit: http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/
- Operators Manual
- Maintenance Manual
- Parts Manual